Waiting for Baby Lua
After a few nights of "this might be the night...", I finally found myself driving to Atlanta to help welcome the impending arrival of my dearest friends, Charity and Dan. That was Thursday morning and it's Friday afternoon, and we're all still waiting for Baby Lua. She keeps tricking us, with wonderful bouts of increasingly intense movement, but we all know it won't be too much longer. Charity is doing so well- for the most part, she seems to be focused and relaxed at the same time. Considering the fact that she's 10 days past what doctors considered to be her "due date", I would say she's doing phenomenally; simply waiting, anticipating and going on about her day as normally as possible. I do think that expecting couples should not be told a due date though, I think it's rather cruel actually. I think a range is so much more appropriate and would be much more encouraging. There should be no reason to feel as though you're late for something or running over your allotted time or not fulfilling expectations. Before Ru was born, we chose to respond to the "when are you due" barrage with a simple "sometime in October." I gotta say it made me less anxious than waiting for a specific date. Plus, Baby Lua's "due date" will be whenever she decides to come on out and join us on this side- that will be the day she was supposed to be here all along. Anyway... random baby thoughts. But I am so excited to meet this little girl. If she's anything like her mama, daddy and her incredibly tender-hearted big brother, her little soul will draw the attention + love of those around her like a moth to light. She already does and we can't even see her.

1 Comments:
you need to update this blog of yours!! i keep checking it to see whether or not Lua has arrived yet. just kidding!!
love you!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home