holley's haven

Bahá’í :: mama :: wife :: creative consultant :: artist :: thinker :: traveler

Name:
Location: nashville, tn

8.13.2006

trying to catch up...

Well, I'm sorry to say that I do not have pictures of our wonderful new house just yet, since our camera broke (sorry Kimmy), and as such I've found myself using my camera phone in its place. It's certaintly not even close to the same but at least it satisfies my NEED to capture those random precious images and moments.

So I'm just going to fill in the gaps from the last few months with a few of my favorite Ru shots.

One we took at a June afternoon picnic at the park before we left the East side.

The next 3 from an impromptu "photo shoot" we did on the couch in the new house one morning. I, of course, had so much fun as the photographer.











In the last two months, she has entered a new stage of independence and Ru has learned our tricks to try get her to sleep. The moment preceding this photo entailed my daughter informing us that she was "not going to put her head down. I not going to rest. I not relax. I not seeping. I NOT TIRED." Four short minutes later I took this. We have sinced phased out naps and now she has a ridiculously early bedtime, but life has become a lot easier in the whole sleeping department.


Ru, Pappaw, Bubbie + I had a mid-day date to Pizza Perfect and these two found fun in trading hats while we awaited lunch.





Ru + Lulu at an invitation only tea party in July. Again, I was the photographer so I was allowed.





Following lunch at Turnip Truck, she takes a break from her thrilling game of chasing the plastic bag on one of the windiest days we've had here in a long time. It's a bit dark but too cute not to post.




The poster child for how we all should approach house cleaning. A little tiara and a tutu never hurt anything. It's amazing how much we learn from our kids.





An AMAZING afternoon at Ru's GREAT-Grandma Jeannette's house... four generations laughed together for hours. Part of that pleasure came from watching my almost three year old methodically apply EVERY stick of makeup from my grandmother's bag to her little face (the eyeshadow, which was placed very carefully on her eyeBROWS included these colors: brown, 3 shades of blue, green, silver, and maybe one other. The lips and surrounding skin had 17 shades of lipstick, one on top of the next.) Ru + her G. grandma shared a girlfriend moment applying lotion to each other's legs... LOTS of lotion, and then LOTS of baby powder... a little gross at the end but the sweetest thing you ever saw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home