holley's haven

Bahá’í :: mama :: wife :: creative consultant :: artist :: thinker :: traveler

Name:
Location: nashville, tn

8.19.2006

A "Ru-ism"

Today she and I were eating lunch with my mom and dad, when my mom said that she had a present for Ru. She pulls out a paintbrush from her purse and conversation ensues describing all the various things that Ru could paint with the brush. So we're in the car about to leave and Ru says to me "Bubbie was SO KIND to give me that paintbrush because I love to paint outside." Like Naimeh and Teddy, we give her marbles when she does something good (manners, following directions, making good choices, etc.). So I said "Baby, you're so right, that was very kind of Bubbie to give you that paintbrush. And I really like that you noticed that Bubbie was using the virtue of kindness. It's important to notice when people use virtues, and I'm going to give you a marble." To which she replies that she wants two. "One is enough" I say.
A few quiet minutes pass, and then she says... "Bubbie was SOOOO KIND. ..Now can I have another marble?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home